Whether you are a home owner moving away temporarily, a home owner wanting to keep your property as an investment or an Investor who has bought a property for buy-to-let purposes we can help you rent your property and earn you rental income. We can even manage your property for you if you want once we have let it.
We are licensed members of the N.A.E.A. (National Association of Estate Agents) and hold substantial Professional Indemnity Insurance. We are also members of T.P.O (The Property Ombudsman) scheme for Estate Agents and members of a Client Money Protection Insurance Scheme.
- Advising you of any work that we think is needed on the property before we start marketing it. This will allow a higher rent to be achieved and present a more attractive property that becomes easier to let.
- Marketing/Advertising your property which includes:
(a) The local press.
(b) Our weekly lettings list which includes distribution to the numerous Banks, Companies and Embassies that are on our database.
(c) Extensive on-line internet advertising. This will include five of the largest property portals; rightmove.co.uk, findaproperty.com, primelocation.com, zoopla.co.uk and globrix.com.
- Being conveniently situated in a prime location in the heart of Finchley Central and being within one minutes walk from Finchley central (northern line) tube station means that we can also take full advantage of the high volume of passing - by trade that comes our way in addition to all the extensive local, national and on-line advertising that we do. (see our location on our 'Contact Us' page).
- Thoroughly referencing any prospective tenants to minimise the risk of any problems in particular defaulting tenants, Our references include a bank, current employer and current landlords reference and if necessary professional character references as well.
- Preparing a Tenancy Agreement, which complies with current legislation, to protect your rights and interests.
- Collecting at least six weeks deposit and one months rent in advance by way of cleared funds from the prospective tenant before the Tenancy Agreement commences. When dealing with Companies, Banks or Embassies we often take two months deposit and arrange for the tenant to pay the rent quarterly in advance rather than monthly in advance.
- Advising all the utility service companies of a change of user and having the services transferred from the landlords name into the incoming tenants name.
- Arranging for a professional inventory to be carried out at the property if required which we highly recommend, the cost of which is normally split equally between the landlord and the tenant.
- Ensuring that you are aware of all your legal requirements and responsibilities regarding a let property, including energy performance certificates, deposit protection regulations, gas and electrical safety, furnishings, appliances, central heating, maintenance and mortgage lenders permission. We can even arrange for gas and electrical safety checks/reports to be carried out if requested.
- Arranging for a standing order to be set up regarding payment of rent if you require this.
- Introducing specialist insurance products to you to safeguard your property, its contents, your rental income and your legal rights if you are interested. David Harris & Co is an Introducer Appointed Representative of Managing Agents Reference Assistance Services Limited, under reference 489818 which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA). See www.fca.org.uk/register for further details. David Harris & Co is also an Introducer only for Homelet, under scheme number 1507467 which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA). See www.fca.org.uk/register for further details.
All of the above should lead to a smooth and trouble-free tenancy but should there be anything else that you require we are happy to oblige.